Look but don’t touch

Apps like Instagram and Twitter allow us to like/favourite/retweet pictures and comments we have come across on other people’s profiles.  This is a fun way to remind ourselves of things we like.  The majority of the time, the pictures or comments we like are inoffensive and has no adverse impact on you.

However there are occasions when a friend has asked me “how to my followers know I threesomes?” or “why are people asking me if I like marmite?”

The reason why others know about this is because my friend has clicked the like/heart/favourite icon when they have come across an image or comment they like.  What we have to remember is when we actively interact on the web, your followers are informed too as they can see this in your timeline.


If you do not want your followers to know you like threesomes, marmite or DJ Khaled memes, then do not click the like/favourite/heart icon.  Enjoy the caption and move on.  Being a passive observer will safeguard you here.

Comments

Popular Posts